Phosphate Chemical Test Kit
The HI3833 is a chemical test kit that uses the ascorbic acid method to measure phosphate. The HI3833 is supplied complete with all of the reagents and equipment necessary to perform approximately 50 tests.
- Pre-made reagents for ease of use
- All reagents marked with expiration date and lot number for traceability
- Color comparison cube for simple determination
The HI3833 is a colorimetric chemical test kit that determines the phosphate concentration in samples within a 0 to 5 mg/L (ppm) range. The HI3833 is supplied with all of the necessary reagents and equipment to perform the analysis. The test kit contains enough reagents for perform approximately 50 tests.
- All required materials are included with the test kit, such as the sample beaker, color comparison cube, and reagent dropper bottles.
- Readings from 0 to 5 mg/L are determined to 1 mg/L resolution.
Replacement reagents available
- There is no need to buy a new kit when reagents are exhausted. The HI3833-050 can be ordered to replace the reagents supplied with the kit.
Significance of Use
Phosphates are present in a number of products that are used by humans everyday. Some examples of the effects of phosphates are enhancing the flavor and tartness of cola drinks, as a buffering agent in controlling pH in antifreeze and delaying darkening of cut potatoes used in making french fries. Phosphates are also extensively used in detergents and cleaning fluids because of their ability to soften water and remove soil deposits.
Phosphates are particularly important for the growth and development of plant roots, and hence are one of the most common fertilizers used in agriculture. However, high concentrations of phosphates in agricultural runoff can cause environmental pollution, as they are a primary cause of eutrophication. Local laws govern the use of phosphates and the discharge levels into streams.
|Smallest Increment||1 mg/L (ppm)|
|Number of Tests||50 avg|
|Ordering Information||HI3833 test kit comes with 20 mL plastic beaker, color comparison cube and 50 packets phosphate reagent|
|Phosphate||0-5 mg/L (ppm)|